Science and Management Resources, Inc. (SMR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SMR will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on gender, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, age, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. SMR and all subcontractors are committed and required to take Affirmative Action to employ and advance qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, and eligible veterans as consistent with federal law.
Apply for the following positions by sending resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary Location: Patuxent River, MD
Science and Management Resources, Inc. is looking for a Program Manager for the NAVAIR METCAL Program, at Patuxent River, MD. Successful candidate will be responsible for Program Management support to the Government Project Management Team for the technical and administrative services contract.
- Program Manager is the direct liaison between SMR President and NAVAIR METCAL Program Manager on technical and program/project issues.
- Access to Navy ship yards, ships, and subs, Navy and United States Marine Corps (USMC) laboratories to perform work is required.
- Provides support to Executive Steering Group meetings, Program Management Reviews (PMR’s), TAMS Board and other working groups as required.
- Provides program management support to analyze, evaluate, and change the policies and processes associated with managing the NAVAIR METCAL Program in accordance with NAVAIRINST 13640.1B and NAVAIR17-35POP-01.
- Shall manage acquisition and employment of program/project resources, control financial and administrative aspects of the program/project with the aspect to the contract.
- Individual shall provide resources planning, management, laboratory, operations coordination and logistics assessment of PMEL’s
- Individual shall review and recommend Business Process definition and improvements, Business Process Reengineering, Project resources analysis, personnel and organizational productivity recommendation, and liaison with NAVAIR System Command and NAVAIR METCAL Product Support Team (PST) point of contacts.
- Individual shall draft, analyze, integrate and provide recommendations for policy documentation in accordance with Government, Department of Defense (DOD), Navy and System Commands (SYSCOM) regulations. The Contractor shall provide information and recommendations to respond to Congressional, DOD, Government Agency, Media or Industry inquiries, audits, and for Congressional testimony. The Contractor shall provide support to Executive Steering Group meetings, Program Off-site meetings, PST meetings, Program Management Reviews (PMRs), working groups and other program wide meetings
- Individual shall provide support with developing management and/or program evaluation plans, procedures, and methodology; support technical reviews, evaluate results, and provide recommendations to the program. The Contractor shall provide Fiscal advice for the program execution and out-year planning for certain standards available in the laboratory for possible procurement.
- Individual shall develop, maintain, analyze and distribute various metrics on all facets of Program functions; conduct data calls, analyze results, and provide recommendations to the Program
- Individual shall provide technical support participation in the Navy TAMS Executive Board with other Department of the Navy (DON), Department of Defense (DOD), and Government agencies to achieve maximum efficiency and utilization of laboratory performance; participate in strategic planning and provide concepts and strategies for implementing critical elements of the resulting strategic plan; and review and update affected programmatic documentation and directives resulting from changes in the strategic plan
- Travel to conduct site evaluations at the Expanded Mission Laboratories as required.
- Experience in DOD contract management of multiple site
- Experience in cost and budget analysis for contract performance
- Experience in preparing and presenting Program Management Reviews
- Experience in the metrology and calibration field with 15 years’ experience
- Experience in working with executive level staff.
- Experience in managing laboratories that adhere to NAVAIRINST 13640.1B and NAVAIR Manual 17-35QAC-01 Series
- Management/Quality Systems experience with NAVAIR Manual 17-35POP-01
- BS degree preferred
- DoD Secret Clearance is required
Job Type: Full-time
Position: Metrology Technician
Primary Location: NSWC Crane, IN
Job Type: Full-time
- Qualified candidate must have experience in calibration and repair of Electronic TMDE to include but not limited to Signal Generators, Signal Analyzer, Waveform Generators, and O’Scopes. Must be able to complete documentation accurately to record the results of the calibration in the government system.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- A current Secret Clearance and CAC is a plus
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in Test, Maintenance, and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) repair and calibration, preferably in a military calibration lab. Experience to include inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, overhauling, aligning, calibrating, and certifying TMDE, metrology laboratory working standards in the of Electronic area.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair non-functioning TMDE.
- Completion of a DOD PMEL/Calibration School or an Associate Degree in Metrology or Electronics.
- Possesses the knowledge required to read and analyze block, schematic, wiring and logic diagrams.
- Strong attention to detail is a must.