Science and Management Resources, Inc. (SMR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SMR will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on gender, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, age, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. SMR and all subcontractors are committed and required to take Affirmative Action to employ and advance qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, and eligible veterans as consistent with federal law.
Apply for the following positions by sending resume to email@example.com
Primary Location: Belle Chasse JRB, LA
SMR is currently looking to hire a Metrology Technician at our Belle Chasse JRB, LA. Must be able independently determines and performs operations required to calibrate and certify electronic, physical/dimensional measuring, and test equipment. He/she will utilize Navy calibration methods and techniques based on principles of measurement science, technical analysis of measurement problems, and accuracy and precision requirements. Metrology Technician will inspect measuring and test equipment for preventive maintenance, cleanliness, and safety requirements, analyze and interpret results of measurements and calibrations using mathematical formulas, and document result of measurements and calibrations on calibration certificates and calibration correction charts. Qualified candidates must have a well-rounded skill set in Physical Mechanical areas.
- Minimum eight (8) years’ experience in Physical Mechanical areas working on Test, Maintenance, and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) calibration and repair, preferably in a military calibration laboratory. Experience with gage-block comparator, O2 calibration, proving rings, vibration, and temperature is preferred.
- Experience to include: Physical Mechanical areas, inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, overhauling, aligning, calibrating, and certifying TMDE, metrology laboratory working standards and safe work practices/procedures.
- Completion of a DOD accredited Navy/Marine/PMEL Calibration School or an Associate Degree in Metrology.
- Completion of the Advanced Physical/Dimensional course
- Possesses the knowledge required to read/analyze block, schematic, wiring and logic diagrams.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair non-functioning TMDE
- Must have a secret clearance
- Metrology: 8 years
- Physical Mechanical: 6 years
Contractors can live in base housing if there is space available. Children can also attend the base school if there is space available.
- Science and Management Resources, Inc. (SMR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SMR will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on gender, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, age, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. SMR and all subcontractors are committed and required to take Affirmative Action to employ and advance qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, and eligible veterans as consistent with federal law.
Job Type: Full-time
Primary Location: Patuxent River, MD
Science and Management Resources, Inc. is looking for a Program Manager for the NAVAIR METCAL Program, at Patuxent River, MD. Successful candidate will be responsible for Program Management support to the Government Project Management Team for the technical and administrative services contract.
- Program Manager is the direct liaison between SMR President and NAVAIR METCAL Program Manager on technical and program/project issues.
- Access to Navy ship yards, ships, and subs, Navy and United States Marine Corps (USMC) laboratories to perform work is required.
- Provides support to Executive Steering Group meetings, Program Management Reviews (PMR’s), TAMS Board and other working groups as required.
- Provides program management support to analyze, evaluate, and change the policies and processes associated with managing the NAVAIR METCAL Program in accordance with NAVAIRINST 13640.1B and NAVAIR17-35POP-01.
- Shall manage acquisition and employment of program/project resources, control financial and administrative aspects of the program/project with the aspect to the contract.
- Individual shall provide resources planning, management, laboratory, operations coordination and logistics assessment of PMEL’s
- Individual shall review and recommend Business Process definition and improvements, Business Process Reengineering, Project resources analysis, personnel and organizational productivity recommendation, and liaison with NAVAIR System Command and NAVAIR METCAL Product Support Team (PST) point of contacts.
- Individual shall draft, analyze, integrate and provide recommendations for policy documentation in accordance with Government, Department of Defense (DOD), Navy and System Commands (SYSCOM) regulations. The Contractor shall provide information and recommendations to respond to Congressional, DOD, Government Agency, Media or Industry inquiries, audits, and for Congressional testimony. The Contractor shall provide support to Executive Steering Group meetings, Program Off-site meetings, PST meetings, Program Management Reviews (PMRs), working groups and other program wide meetings
- Individual shall provide support with developing management and/or program evaluation plans, procedures, and methodology; support technical reviews, evaluate results, and provide recommendations to the program. The Contractor shall provide Fiscal advice for the program execution and out-year planning for certain standards available in the laboratory for possible procurement.
- Individual shall develop, maintain, analyze and distribute various metrics on all facets of Program functions; conduct data calls, analyze results, and provide recommendations to the Program
- Individual shall provide technical support participation in the Navy TAMS Executive Board with other Department of the Navy (DON), Department of Defense (DOD), and Government agencies to achieve maximum efficiency and utilization of laboratory performance; participate in strategic planning and provide concepts and strategies for implementing critical elements of the resulting strategic plan; and review and update affected programmatic documentation and directives resulting from changes in the strategic plan
- Travel to conduct site evaluations at the Expanded Mission Laboratories as required.
- Experience in DOD contract management of multiple site
- Experience in cost and budget analysis for contract performance
- Experience in preparing and presenting Program Management Reviews
- Experience in the metrology and calibration field with 15 years’ experience
- Experience in working with executive level staff.
- Experience in managing laboratories that adhere to NAVAIRINST 13640.1B and NAVAIR Manual 17-35QAC-01 Series
- Management/Quality Systems experience with NAVAIR Manual 17-35POP-01
- BS degree preferred
- DoD Secret Clearance is required
Job Type: Full-time
Primary Location: Naval Surface Warfare Center, Corona, CA.
Position: Manufacturing Project Manager/Lead
This position requires United States Citizenship and Secret Clearance eligibility.
The contractor shall provide project management support to the Precision Machining and Toolmaking section for U.S. Navy Gage and Standards Laboratory. The contractor will be supporting the gage repair or manufacturing for Navy weapon systems, customer equipment and systems through rapid prototyping, through standard industry practices. The contractor must have the ability manage, track and produce metrics for various projects, while producing quality products and meet rapid turn-around requirements for gages, hardware, and tooling workload for the Gage and Standards Laboratory.
- Demonstrate ability of strong organization skills and can follow administrative direction in all daily duties.
- Demonstrate the knowledge, produce project plans, schedules and metrics for all projects assigned, have the ability to adjust workflow priorities, and communicate with appropriate personnel.
- Produce reports and presentations, and have the ability effectively communicate the information created.
- Interpret prints, drawings and be able to develop lists of needed project materials, determine if outsources is required, and coordinate with service providers ensuring the fulfillment of needed requisitions.
- Support Quality Assurance personnel and have knowledge of ISO 9001/17025 accreditation standards. All actions are subject to regular reviews/audits by Quality Assurance personnel to ensure strict adherence to established procedures and/or processes.
- Demonstrate cost effective manufacturing solutions in accordance with customer or system requirements.
- Provide support to special projects for All Navy programs and Interface Assessment.
- Demonstrate the ability to use MS Project and develop a Master Schedule of all projects the Machine Shop is working.
- Follow strict Hazmat and Safety policy guidance and adherence to established procedures and/or processes.
- Knowledge of machining, tooling and manufacturing theories and practices (including shop mathematics and standard handbook formulas).
- Ability to read and interpret drawings of varying quality and specificity are necessary including knowledge of ASMEY14.5.
- Ability to generate detailed estimates for work to be performed.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy when following Quality Assurance procedure and other procedures as necessary.
- Have a solid knowledge of computers with the ability to input data and generate administrative paperwork correctly.
- Ability to make a judgments and decisions within the framework of oral and written instructions.
- Ability to Prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent Communication skills – written, verbal and have the ability to brief high-level executive personnel (Program Managers and Sponsors).
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Customer service orientation.
- Self-starter, Team player and conscientious worker.
- Minimum High School Diploma; Science & Math College Credits Preferred or Vocational Training.
- MUST be a U. S. Citizen, able to acquire and maintain any security clearance.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office.
- Must have great interpersonal and customer service skills.
Strong attention to detail is a must, able to follow GD and T drawings and adhere to strict Quality Assurance policies.
Position: Metrology Technician
Primary Location: NSWC Crane, IN
Job Type: Full-time
- Qualified candidate must have experience in calibration and repair of Electronic TMDE to include but not limited to Signal Generators, Signal Analyzer, Waveform Generators, and O’Scopes. Must be able to complete documentation accurately to record the results of the calibration in the government system.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- A current Secret Clearance and CAC is a plus
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in Test, Maintenance, and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) repair and calibration, preferably in a military calibration lab. Experience to include inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, overhauling, aligning, calibrating, and certifying TMDE, metrology laboratory working standards in the of Electronic area.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair non-functioning TMDE.
- Completion of a DOD PMEL/Calibration School or an Associate Degree in Metrology or Electronics.
- Possesses the knowledge required to read and analyze block, schematic, wiring and logic diagrams.
- Strong attention to detail is a must.